Five things I read about writing today, when I should actually have been writing…
- Pixar knows their shit, Part 1: The 22 rules of storytelling, according to Pixar
- Pixar (and John August) knows their shit, Part 2: Michael Arndt on setting a story in motion
- The LA Times has figured it out with their new interactive game “How to be a writer”. Personally, I think the statement “Roll a die and see where the writing life takes you” is a sadistic (but accurate) joke by the editorial staff.
- Susan Straight made me want to buy a purple gel pen but also relieved a little writer’s guilt: Susan Straight on learning to write without a room of one’s own
- Brian Fuller just might be the loveliest. He has shared his drama pitch outline and Season 1 scripts of Hannibal online.
Back to writing…